Monday, November 28, 2005

so it ends..

ok. here's the rest of the story. i boarded emirates airline finally around 2pm. side note-dubai airport is the best airport and nicest people i have ever encountered and so is their airline. alitalia is the worst, and the least friendly, worst food ever. i do not reccommend alitalia because i heard workers in the airport saying "so what else is new" in response to my problems with them.

so i get seated in a very crowded 3 seat aisle, in the center is a 250 lb.sudanese man who thinks he's all that. now who on earth would seat such a big man in the middle like that? i would have given him mine, but i did not want to be sandwiched between 2 rico suaves. anyhow, he kept staring at me, touching me, making me sit on one side of my ass the entire 2.5 hour trip to bombay. might have been a prince in sudan, but he was no prince in my heart. totally uncomfortable. we arrive in bombay, i try to lose the sudanese and his fancy pal (i really think they thought i wanted their bodies) i wait an hour in immigration, and another hour for my luggage. no luggage. they turn off the machine. i let it go, take down numbers, and figure out what i need purchase. i slowly roam to the other side of the luggage machine only to find one small blue piece sitting on the floor waiting for me like a lost dog. yay! i scurry off to my pre paid taxi, get in the car only to find the driver is totally inexperienced, speaks no english, and has no clue where colaba is. i ask him "taj mahal hotel?" no response. "gateway of india?" what's that? i mean this is the most common place for tourists to stay in all of india, so it's strange he does not know. away we drive. and drive. and drive. and i KNOW we are going around in circles-i see 3 weddings-numerogically it's a 9, which is very auspicious, we see juhu beach, totally crowded, and chowpatty, which has a huge carnival all lit up. i know we are not in the right place, so i take over and direct the poor fool to our destination, dump out my luggage onto the ground and haul myself into my awaiting hotel room. as if nothing ever happened. 18 extra hours later, i sleep 18 hours. i am happy to be here and can't believe i survived such a journey with reletive ease and not much anger whatsoever. i can do anything. it can only get better from here.
i wake in the evening, get some goan cuisine, and check out the new animated hanuman movie at the inox. things are not so bad. not so bad after all.

1 comment:

Alex McFerron said...

I am so mad at these men on the plane! I am glad that you have arrived safely!