Friday, December 31, 2004

kal ho na ho

well bindi was all puffed out yesterday upon receiving news that the hotel manager had called me into his office and asked me, "do you like traditional kerala vegetarian meal?" and invited to have a car pick me up and take me to his home in trivandrum where his wife is doing the food, you know, the palm leaf on the floor, thali with mountain of rice, mix together with hand, pop into mouth, meal. i can bring friends. as much as i want to do this, i'm so pissed at my expensive hotel cause for the 3rd time i have no water and have had to take a shower in the pool, which is a drag. other problems which i don' t want to get into cause i don't like being negative, but i've written a long letter to the owner who is in dubai right now telling him all the problems i'm having. can't even get clean towels and this is an expensive place. they want me to promote the hotel, but i'm real mad right now.

my new years eve was spent with arnold and scott at lonely planet, eating vegetarian buffet, than watching, "rumble in the bronx" (i adore jackie chan no matter what garbage he has put out lately) and was in bed by 11. not much to celebrate here. kind of somber. i feel guilty whooping it up with 6 digits of death around me, and as many in camps-there are over 20 in trivandrum alone, and water bourn disease coming to wipe out more of the population.

listen to your teacher. lino told us no massage with intensive astanga, eat only vegetarian and only at lonely planet, and drink only pure water. he has generously installed a water purifier in the shala for us, which is an amazing thing to do. i used to poo-poo at his suggestions, but i have been completely poison free since i've listened to him. trust your teacher, but never follow blindly.

also a person who i admire from afar who works at a frequented restaurant e-mailed me to compliment me on my writing style. bindi is puffed out about that. shucks. thanks, kimmie, for that. you have a massive heart.

i was invited to my friend sharaf's party last night, but i did not think i could deal with another night of young drunken indian boys. low key for bindi these days. she wants to stay injury and poison free.

yoga is good. peaking now, lots of people of all levels in there. lino is on fire. i highly reccommend this intensive. you can do 1 week or 2 months. of course 2 months is best way to get the most out of it. but i know most people can't do that.

happy new year to all
hug your family and friends extra hard cause "kal ho na ho", tomorrow may not be.

bindifry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apenas deseo conseguir toda la investigaci�n del honeywell hepa air cleaner apartada.Deeply, Elvis honeywell hepa air cleaner

Anonymous said...

I dig your blog. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of research in the area of discount hotel puerto vallarta and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on discount hotel puerto vallarta. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit your blog again!! I mean I know I will stop by again.
I also sent it off to a good friend of mine.

p.s added you to my favorites take a moment to stop by discount hotel puerto vallarta for I update it frequently

Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy. Thank you.partner yoga poses

partner yoga poses